Friday, July 13, 2007

I Simpson


Hi youse alls. I recently went to the Simpsons Movie website (www.simpsonsmovie.com) to check out some clips of the upcoming movie, and found this funny little program where you can create your own customized Simpsons "avatar". You can register your avatar so that when you visit the website repeatedly, you may see yourself roaming about Springfield. Mine sort of looks like a young version of my dad. That's kind of eerily coincidental! Also, I love the "Happy Little Elves" t-shirt.

Do I have too much time on my hands? Sometimes... : (

So to promote this movie, there's a big product tie-in with 7-11 convenience stores. A dozen 7-11s across the U.S. have temporarily become "Kwik-E-Marts", complete with Buzz Cola, Cherry Squishies, and Krusty-Os. I haven't heard yet about any news of a beer tie-in; so unfortunately you can't buy "Duff Beer" yet.

(From the Oxford American Dictionary - "Av-a-tar" - Computing a movable icon representing a person in cyberspace or virtual reality graphics. ORIGIN from Sanskrit avatāra ‘descent,’ from ava ‘down’ + tar- ‘to cross.’ - Isn't cool that there's a word derived from Sanskrit?)

No comments: