Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lake Saiko Half-Marathon

So I ran my second half-marathon (20km, or ~13mi) today. It was my second half-marathon this year (and actually my second one, period). It was very satisfying, but maybe it should be called the Lake "Psycho" Half-Marathon, because the hills, especially at the last 3km just about killed me! My time improved since my last run in April (I think), but I haven't received my final finishing time. I suppose they'll e-mail them out. My first run was 2:02:44. This one, I think, was about 1:50 (about an hour and fifty minutes). That's what I calculated from my watch, but then again the way they calculate running times here is based on when the last person crosses the Start Line (that's when the clock starts), so I'm not sure. We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day. It was warm and sunny (maybe 85degrees F) with a slight breeze. The lake itself is situated a couple miles north of Mt. Fuji, so for the majority of the run we could see her looming off in the distance, watching over like a proud parent. I feel pretty good right now, but tomorrow may be a different story. Good thing I took tomorrow off from work, and pre-medicated with Motrin today! I'll try to post photos if the MWR staff sends me some. Later, slackers...

No comments: