Friday, August 17, 2007

In The Rear With The Gear

Hey All! On Monday and Tuesday of this week I was up at Camp Fuji, a USMC base at the foot of Mt. Fuji taking a two-day 9mm pistol qualification course. It was a great time! The Marines kick ass! It was so much fun spending time with them. They have historically treated their dental folks really well, and this time was no exception. They really went out of their way to spend alot of time with us showing us all aspects of the weapons training, from handling and safety to effective target shooting. They were very patient and accomodating, especially for those of us that have never really handled a pistol before. I could definitely get into going to a gun range as a hobby after the military - it's pretty addictive. And to boot, I have never heard so much profanity in my whole life. It's contagious. I had to wash my mouth out with soap after I left there! Camp Fuji itself is nice, but absolutely isolated. Their is nothing around that whole area, save for a couple small villages at the foot of the mountain. One staff sergeant told me that's by design that they keep the Marines isolated from the rest of civilization! No wonder they're all in Roppongi (Tokyo) every weekend tearing it up! Anyway, enjoy the pics...


No comments: