Thursday, May 31, 2007

Paul and the Magical Sushi-Go-Round



So that's going to be the title of my first childrens' book!

Actually, Paul, Akemi and I went out for a little ¥100/plate sushi action at Kura Sushi this past Monday (Memorial Day). I mentioned this place before in a previous post. It's actually a chain, and this time we went to the one located in Kanazawa-Bunko. I've said it before - it is the model of technological sushi-efficiency. Each table is equipped with a touch-screen computer that allows you to not only order specific pieces of sushi, but it also tallies up your bill as you slide your empty plates into the slot at the end of the table. Mind boggling! Akemi and I ate a meager 4 and 6 plates, respectively, while our friend Paul ate an astounding 39 plates! What an absolute glutton!! We coaxed him on to make it an even 40, but he claimed he was "saving room for dessert". And he wasn't kidding! He managed to polish off not only a brownie sundae at a nearby Baskin-Robbins, but topped it off with a large scoop of matcha (green tea) ice cream. Geez - what a pig! Out of all my friends, he outdoes everyone when it comes to eating and putting away the beers! Paul - you really give us a few good laughs with your uber-indulgent lifestyle, but man, you better slow down or you won't make it to 30!

Cheers, my little wasabi-peanuts!

No comments: