Friday, October 06, 2006

The Genius


Hi folks! Just here to tell you about Beck's new album - The Information. Beck is brilliant, and this album is one of the most bizarre collections of music I have ever heard...but it works. Now, I'm not going to give you a track-by-track break down of the CD. If you want that, go to amazon.com. Anyway, I'm still listening to it. I just bought it tonight, so I haven't even had a chance to design my album cover (yes... the CD comes with decals so that you can do-it-yourself; and yes, the artwork is mighty-freaky). My best way to describe this album is this: if there were a race of extraterrestials living on Neptune, and they were making a movie about Earth, this album would be the soundtrack. How's that?

Interesting note: Beck is credited with the following instruments on the album - acoustic guitar, electric guitar, melodica, piano, organ, keyboards, programming, effects, scratching, sitar, bass, harmonica, kalimba, percussion, drums, drum effects, glockenspiel, and gameboy (!). What more could you ask for?

So... don't just sit there mooching off of my reviews ... go check it out for yourself!!

Peace out, you silly rabbits.

No comments: